To be THE resource for all things related to the manufacturing & supply chain industries by providing advocacy, awareness, education, and partnerships throughout the mid-Florida region.
Strengthen and grow manufacturing & supply chain organizations in the mid-Florida region.
The leadership of the Manufacturing and Supply Chain Alliance of Mid-Florida, formerly Polk Manufacturing Association (PMA), is working to find ways that we can collaborate and encourage each other to effectively face and overcome the many challenges facing us. We know that manufacturing is a key contributor to the local and national economy, and we also know that we need to work together to ensure our common success. The leadership is continuing to provide an action-oriented agenda. We want to increase our membership and increase our influence.
In 2012, we branched out to include the supply chain and logistics businesses in the area. In 2018 we partnered with FloridaMakes. The partnership connects us to resources around the state as well as all other regional manufacturing associations (RMA’s) in the state of Florida.
Board of Directors
- • President Larry Bull, Createch
- • Vice President/Treasurer Ed Buranski, Givaudan
- • Howard Drake, Polk State College
- • Brian Herrera, Ferrera Tools
- • Kevin Bailey, MaxPak
- • Tony Martinez, Stahl Insurance
- • Matt Ruthven, Ruthvens
- • Angie Ruff, Compass Blending
- • Bill Crowe, Director of Membership
- • Patti Gander, Business Advisor
Some Of Our Accomplishments
- Launching a consortium-based apprenticeship program, making high-quality maintenance training available to members at a reduced cost by working together with Polk State Corporate College. The first Maintenance Skills classes started in March 2010.
- Expanding the membership through a focused outreach campaign within the manufacturing community, vendors and suppliers, and government and economic agencies.