Mid Florida MSCA provides links to many resources that can help provide everything from continued training and education to grant assistance – and links to organizations that partner with us to help our members accomplish their goals.
Since 2005, millions of training dollars have been received by Polk County companies through
our partnership with Polk State Corporate College.
We’ve helped bring over $6 million into Polk County for worker training!
Resources and Partners
If you can’t find what you are looking for here, then check out
our resources and partners.
- Enterprise Assessment – The assessment reviews a company’s approaches in six categories: leadership, strategic planning, customer and market focus, measurement, analysis and knowledge management, workforce focus and operations focus. The process provides companies with expert evaluation on how well the company’s goals, plans, processes and measures are aligned; strengths and opportunities for improvement for each category; and recommendations for key cross-cutting improvements.
- Business Continuity Assessment – Deep-dive risk assessment covering over 10 specific areas of your business.
- Process Improvements – We work with companies to improve your processes using continuous improvement efforts including lean manufacturing, Toyota Kata management and leadership approach, and quality improvement, from Six Sigma to ISO Quality Management. Manufacturers with process improvement programs are able to reduce non value-added activities and costs, increase quality, and become more agile, competitive and more profitable. MSCA can work with your company to help foster improvements that can be implemented across all aspects and levels of your business.
- Improving Your Financial Processes – FloridaMakes can assist manufacturers in examining cost structures and product and/or process costing to help you better understand your real costs. By gaining insights on your actual costs, manufacturers can:
- Identify targets for cost reduction;
- Recognize pricing opportunities;
- Improve profitability.
- We’ve helped bring over $6 million into Polk County for worker training!
- MSCA helps members take advantage of grants.
- Workforce development grants help manufacturers train workers.
- CareerSource Polk could reimburse up to 50% of your training costs – MSCA can help!
- Better-trained employees result in increased productivity.
education & Training Resourses
Since 2005, millions of training dollars have been received by Polk County companies through our partnership with the Polk State Corporate College. Did you take advantage of these resources? Why not? Contact us for more information!
Upgrade the skills of your current employees with the following opportunities that lead to national certifications:
- Manufacturing Skills Standards Council Certified Production Technician [MSSC CPT]
- Occupational Health & Safety Administration [OSHA 30]
- Society for Quality [Lean Bronze and Certified Quality Improvement Associate – CQIA]
- International Society of Automation Certified Control System Technician – [ISA CCST]
- The Association for Packaging and Processing Technology Programmable Logic Controller Level 1 – [PMMI PLC Level 1]
Contact Patti Gander at email@example.com
- Manufacturing Talent Development Institute’s CPT Instructor Class
- Analytical Trouble Shooting
- Electrical & Mechanical Maintenance
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) / Process Control & Automation
- Registered Apprenticeship Programs
- Industrial Instrumentation Classes
Contact: Patti Gander firstname.lastname@example.org
Web-based results-focused manufacturing training
More than half the Fortune 500®️ manufacturers and educational institutions nationwide choose Tooling U-SME for workforce development. Here’s why. Our competency-based learning solutions begin with your performance outcomes. Using our Accelerate Methodology, we partner to analyze needs and design a program of online, instructor-led, or blended learning. Along the way, we’ll help you implement training, track, and measure the results.
If you’re interested in learning more Contact: Patti Gander email@example.com